Monday, July 25, 2016

My Top Twenty Websites for Writers

images

Photo: courtesy of wikipedia.org

I don’t know about you, but I rely on the expertise of other writers and bloggers. I have collected an array of blogs that are my go-to resources for writing advice, critiques, editing, grammar, writing prompts, research, publishing, and blogging.

I’m sure you have your favored sites, but I thought I would share with you my top 20 websites for writers. Enjoy and if you have one, you think my readers, or I would like them, please pass the link on in the comment section below.

  1. Fiction University with Janice Hardy – one of all time favorite resources on writing.
  2. WOW- Women on Writing – designed to support women writers through all stages of writing.
  3. Live Write Thrive with CS Lakin – copywriter, editor, and writing coach.
  4. Writer Unboxed – all about the writing of fiction.
  5. The Review Review – a source for all writers interested in submitting to literary magazines; read reviews and interviews with the editors, her.
  6. Mash Stories – started out as a competition site, now a platform.
  7. Every Writer’s Resource – Literary Magazine with all kinds of resources for the writer.
  8. Now Novel– a structured method to help anyone write a novel.
  9. Story Medic – professional editing blog.
  10. Crimespree Magazine – an award-winning print magazine that covers all aspects of crime fiction writing.
  11. Melissa Sugar Writes: Have You Heard -if you love legal thrillers, Melissa is your gal.
  12. The Short Mystery Fiction Society Blog – Markets for mystery and crime short fiction.
  13. Crime Writer Sue Coletta – A crime writer’s resource.
  14. The Memoir Writing Club – Mentors and courses for those interested in memoir writing.
  15. Sister’s in Crime – With chapters all over the US, this organization’s mission is the recognition, advancement, and development of women crime writers.
  16. One Stop for Writers – the library of resources for storytellers and writers.
  17. No Rules, Just Write – CJ Lyons – Pediatric ER Doctor turned thriller writer.
  18. Writer’s Digest – both print and online magazine with every resource the writer may need.
  19. Mystery Writers of America – open to the public, this organization is for crime writers (all levels).
  20. Freelance Writing – Everything you need to know to get started and more.

 

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.


Filed under: Blogging, Tips and Resources for Writers, Websites Tagged: #amwriting, #top20websites, Focus on writing, Writing Tips & Resources

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2a88Q7K
via IFTTT