Monday, March 6, 2017

Maybe You Don’t Need to Write Every Day

maxine-at-computerI was thrilled to read this post by Annie Scholl. I’ve struggled with the issue of writing daily for a long time. That wasn’t always the case. For years, I wrote every day. Whether  I wrote based on a prompt or on one of my many works in progress, stories filled the pages.

These days? I need someone to tie me to the chair and tape my hands to my laptop. Okay, maybe that’s a bit melodramatic, but you get the point. I’m stuck.

Perhaps it’s because I’ve been on medical leave and simply need to get back into a routine. Or, maybe I need to give myself permission not to write. It might serve me well to enjoy the things and people around me for a while. After all, it’s life events that often give us our best stories. So, check Annie’s post and give her a shout-out.

Take it Away Annie:

By Annie L. Scholl I’m not sure how I got the message that I had to write every day to be a “real” writer, but I’ll blame it on Julia Cameron and her book, The Artist’s Way. I read it when it came …

Source: Maybe You Don’t Need to Write Every Day

What about you? Do you write every day? I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.


Filed under: Opinion/Musings, Reblogged Posts, Writing Tagged: #reflections, Blogging, WordPress, Writing

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2lPGbdE
via IFTTT