Thursday, November 24, 2016

10 Reasons To Be Thankful

images-6It’s hard to believe the holidays are here. One minute I was enjoying the summer breeze and the next watching the leaves color the horizon.

From the end of September until after the New Year, time flies. I can remember my mother saying the same thing. Maybe it’s an aging thing – I don’t know.

I might not like it, but one thing the passage of time does is make you realize the significance of the little things. This Thanksgiving I wanted to share with you the things of which I am grateful.

10 Reasons I’m Thankful:

  1. Time might be fleeting, but it also heals.
  2. God’s gift to me – my children (both adults). I may not have done everything right but as a mom, but they are my joy.
  3. My grandchildren, their love, laughter, and innocence.
  4. For the steady hand of my husband, through the good and bad times.
  5. I’m grateful for my own strong will and spirit – it has gotten me through many a dark time.
  6. I’m thankful for our country, the liberties, prosperities, and security it affords us.
  7. For my mind (what’s left of it) and the ability to share my words with the world.
  8. The capacity to adapt to my physical limitations – soon to discover just how well I do.
  9. This blog – which without so many things would have been left undiscovered.
  10. You – my friends, readers, colleagues, the CPC Contributors, and kindred spirits.

It’s amazing when you actively think with gratitude how many things come to mind. Try it – the act of writing it down or saying the words aloud will move you.

To each of you, may you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may God bless you all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.


Filed under: Holidays, Thanksgiving, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #Holiday, Family, Thankful, Thanksgiving

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2fIAg8d
via IFTTT