Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Will You leave the Important Things Unfinished?

hourglass-1260165__340

Pixabay

I’m not a fan of surprises, but life has a way of jumping out from behind the curtain like a room full of people at a birthday party and scaring you half to death. At unexpected or traumatic times we think about the things lying unfinished in our lives; whether it’s business, unfinished manuscripts or expressions of love.

Currently, I’m working on a short story collection (coming out soon, I hope), two novels, and a memoir. I haven’t pushed to get these completed. Like many people, I believe I’ll have plenty of time to get things done. But, time is elusive and slips through our fingers like sand in an hourglass.

I don’t expect to rock the literary world with the stories and novels on my computer. I simply want to leave a tiny fragment of myself to those I leave behind and a small reminder to the world that “I was here.”

Many great writers left behind unfinished manuscripts. John Steinbeck, Truman Capote, C.S. Lewis, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Mark Twain, and Charles Dickens to name a few. You can read more about these authors and their unfinished works, here.

The only thing we have in our control is what we do this moment, this hour, this day. I’m trying to get my words out and pray when I leave this earth not only will my manuscripts be finished, but more importantly, my loved ones will know they were loved, appreciated, and my inspiration to write – those are the words that shall not be left unsaid or unfinished.

What about you? Do you have unfinished business?

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.


Filed under: Daily Post Prompts, Prompts, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #greatauthors, #life, #manuscripts, #unfinished, Daily Post Prompts

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2cKJbXF
via IFTTT