Wednesday, August 17, 2016

How to Ask for Book Reviews

Plot-Twist-cartoonFor every book I read, I leave a review on both Amazon and Goodreads. It’s important to let authors know the things we liked or didn’t like about their book.

I’m by no means, one of the top 100 Amazon Reviewers, but recently requests asking for a review has increased; most of the time, I try to help out a fellow writer, but it’s becoming more difficult as I try to focus on my current work in progress (WIP).

If you visit my Amazon page, you’ll find my reviews are, by far, on books I’ve chosen to read – for pleasure, on the craft of writing, research, or non-fiction books of interest. If you check out my blog or Bio, you can tell my preferred genre.

I’ve noticed in a few of the requests I’ve received; the author has not done the necessary ‘homework’ to find the best reviewer for their genre, and I think that’s important. Asking a fantasy author to review my crime novel is not going to get me the review I hope to receive.

So, it thrilled me to read the guest post from one of Amazon’s top reviewersGisela Hausmann over at C.S. Lakin’s, Live, Write, Thrive.

In her post, Ms. Hausmann discusses, The 5 Most Common Mistakes Writers Make When Seeking Book Reviews. If you’re looking for someone to review your book, Gisela Hausmann’s guest post is worth reading and making notes.

What do you think? Do you offer reviews? What has been your experience?  I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

 


Filed under: Amazon Reviews, Books, Reviews, Tips and Resources for Writers, Writing Tagged: #amazontopreviewers, #amwriting, #LiveWritetThrive, Amazon.com, Goodreads, Reviews

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2bygw5Q
via IFTTT