Monday, October 19, 2015

Own it, Sweetheart

New 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups: Week 171 prompt: … I can’t decide when to change…

 

Ericka sighed, “I hate clothing rules.”

“What are you talking about?” Gretchen said.

“You know, the no white after Day Labor rule. I can’t decide when to change out my clothes. I mean it’s still hot as Hell outside.” She moved to hide a white dress behind her winter wools.

“Wait!” Gretchen jumped up grabbing the dress. “Ericka, this is gorgeous, can I borrow it for Saturday?”

“It’s October, you wouldn’t dare.”

“Oh, but I would, ”she said. Mama always told me, “Gretchen, don’t’ ever just walk into a room, make an entrance. And, no matter what you’re wearing, own it, sweetheart, own it.”

 


Filed under: 100 Word Challenge, Stories in Flash Tagged: #amwriting, #flashfiction, 100WCGU, Julia’s Place

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1GQ2CUg
via IFTTT