Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Mother’s Love

In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Must Not Fail.” What is the one thing at which you are the most afraid of failing?

No one aspires to failure. Everyone starts out with the hope of success. Yet, I don’t know anyone who hasn’t met failure head on, at least once. An inevitable part of life, failure, whether small or a life-changing experience, reveals  the stuff we’re made of. Do we see these failings as defeat or opportunities to try harder?

Who doesn’t look back and wish they’d done at least one thing differently? I’d give anything to have  the chance for a do-over, make different choices, or handled difficult situations, better. But, life does not offer us do-overs only the opportunities of today and tomorrow to get it right.

What is the one thing at which you are the most afraid of failing? Being the kind of mother where my children know, without a doubt, I love them unconditionally. I haven’t been the perfect mother by any means. I’ve made my share of mistakes but failing to convey my love to them, is not an option.

Whatever legacy or memories I leave behind let the warm arms of my love be the thing my children remember the most.


Filed under: Daily Post Prompt Tagged: #amwriting, #motherhood, @DailyPost, Children, Failure, Love

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1KNHVKr
via IFTTT