Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sleep is Overrated

Photobucket

My crashing point came on the fourth day without sleep. Three to four days is typical for me before the body overrides the mind and says, enough. Then, all I want is to close my eyes and sleep forever. I’d settle for 8 hours..

My eyelids heavy, I snuggled under the covers. It took a moment for his touch to register. “Please let me sleep.”

His hand moved softly down my skin as his kisses trailed my neck and shoulder. His face replaced the fog of sleep and I turned to him.

Who needs it, sleep’s overrated anyway.

Written in response to :  Julia’s Place 100 Word Challenge For Grownups – #154…  please let me sleep…


Filed under: 100 Word Challenge, Flash Fiction, Prompts, Writing Tagged: #flashfiction, 100WCGU, Julia’s Place, Prompts, Writing

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1GlwD2Y
via IFTTT