Saturday, May 16, 2015

Three Stars: The Missings

As a nurse, the subject of this mystery thriller by Peg Brantley was of particular interest to me. Detective Chase Waters is on the hunt for a serial killer.  A killer who discards the hacked up bodies of young men and women on the side of the road, minus all vital organs.

The story  takes us to places of ethical and moral dilemmas where you must ask, “Does the end justify the means?”

What would you be willing to do to save a loved one? How far would you go? What  moral, ethical, or legal boundary would you cross for those you love?

I gave this book three stars for several of reasons. It started slow and  some characters were not developed as fully as I would have liked. I had to keep going back and refreshing my memory as to their role. In the end, I didn’t find all the characters  relevant to the story’s plot, and the ending foreshadowed long before it should have been.

Having said that, The Missings is worth the read if you like mysteries and enjoy books that make you ponder the subject long after the last page.

As a Transplantation Nurse, in my previous career, I would be remiss if I did not share with you the importance of organ donation.

“More than 123,000 men, women and children currently need lifesaving organ transplants. Every 10 minutes another name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list. Sadly, an average of 21 people die each day because the organs they need are not donated in time.” (Statistics | Donate Life America)

If you would like more information on becoming a donor, please check out: http://ift.tt/1bXedr4.


Filed under: Books, Resources, Reviews, Writing Tagged: #PegBrantley, Donate Life, donor, Organ Donation, The Missings

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1KVY4ht
via IFTTT