Saturday, February 4, 2012

SCREW THAT PLAN

To my readers, I apologize for the delay between posts. The truth is, I think there is a conspiracy about. As you know, my grand scheme beginning 2012 included 500 words a day, minimum, short stories bi-weekly, daily writing prompts and a number of pipe dreams.

Well, screw that plan!

 For every step forward, I ended up taking three back. I opened my mouth for all the world to read and thought it would help keep me on track. You know, accountability. I'm so naive.  When I stuck a stake in ground,  apparently, I invited the devil himself to challenge me. Every time I sat down to write, something or someone interrupted. Pulling out my computer was like the kiss of death.

Instead of writing this past week, I spent my time entertaining, against my will, a most dreadful guest. Norovirus came to visit, unexpected and unwelcome. So, my husband and I, spent the weekend, twelve plus hours, in the emergency room receiving IV fluids and medication. It has taken us a week to recover, and I can assure you while Norovirus was in town, writing didn't enter my mind.

So this week, I'm not going to verbalize my plans. Maybe I'll be able to accomplish something. In the mean time keep in touch, and for the love of God, wash your hands with plenty of soap and water. I hear Norovirus enjoys meeting new people! Norovirus