Thursday, December 1, 2011

WRITING IS NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART

This year has been a year of firsts for me. I finally began to do something I always wanted to do, and others encouraged me to do, I began to write. I am writing all manner of things, essays, short stories, working on a first novel, exploring my favorite genre. I joined a writer's group quickly discovering I was kidding myself! I had a lot to learn. Writing was not for the faint of heart.

More than five months later, I am beginning to see improvements. I'm happy with the critiques from my peers. For the first time, stepping out and submitting to writing competitions.

I bought a laptop. The computer won't improve my writing, but will give me more opportunities to write. Now I can write anywhere. I'm improving, growing, discovering myself, and my talent.

I'm taking a risk, a gamble. I'm putting my voice, my words out in the world for others to read. I'm choosing to share all with you.

No, writing is not for the faint of heart.

Some will say I'm lousy, some will say I'm talented, some will say I'm boring, or have nothing to say at all. I say I'm doing what I enjoy. I'm learning. I'm writing. I'm living my dream.

Take my words as you will.