Happy Mother’s Day!
It seems like only yesterday I was up every two hours feeding, diapering, and trying to coax by babies to sleep. Aww, those were the days! Who needed sleep?
Becoming a mother helped me discover talents I never knew existed. Here are a few of which, I’m sure, you can relate (feel free to add to the list):
- Learning to enjoy group bathroom time! They’ll find you every time!
- Acquiring supersonic hearing – “I heard that!”
- Discovering my hips had more function than sashaying- “That child’s attached to your hip.”
- I didn’t need the gym – I could bench press a toddler, diaper bag, umbrella stroller, blankie, stuffed toy, purse, and a bag of groceries at once.
- Gained new language skills both in interpretation and expression – “No, Mommy did not say that word!
- Could out multitask any CEO! Cook dinner, wash a load of clothes, pick up toys, and play peek-a-boo while reading War and Peace – a piece of cake!
- Discovered new uses for baby powder – who knew you could go a week without showering or washing your hair! Hello, Johnson & Johnson!
- Learned more about poop than I ever cared to know – including, that s&%t stinks, it won’t singe your skin, it floats, and is damn hard to get off the walls.
- Forgetting to answer to my real name – who the hell are you talking to? My name’s mommy!
- Secretly admiring the passion and tenacity with which those little bundles of joy pulled the strings – especially our heart-strings.
I’m exhausted just remembering. Mother’s are the hardest working humans on the planet. My hat is off to each one of you and to my girls, all grown up – you are my greatest treasure and every moment was worth it.
And, to all, you mother’s looking for a bit of reprieve or just a stroll down memory lane here’s a little tribute.
Happy Mother’s Day.
Filed under: Holidays, Humor, Mothers Day Tagged: #amwriting, #mothers, #talents, #tribute
from WordPress http://ift.tt/2r5mDZG