Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Tribute to Mothers

Happy Mother’s Day!

It seems like only yesterday I was up every two hours feeding, diapering, and trying to coax by babies to sleep. Aww, those were the days! Who needed sleep?

Becoming a mother helped me discover talents I never knew existed. Here are a few of which, I’m sure, you can relate (feel free to add to the list):

  1. Learning to enjoy group bathroom time! They’ll find you every time!
  2. Acquiring supersonic hearing – “I heard that!”
  3. Discovering my hips had more function than sashaying-  “That child’s attached to your hip.”
  4. I didn’t need the gym – I could bench press a toddler, diaper bag, umbrella stroller, blankie, stuffed toy, purse, and a bag of groceries at once.
  5. Gained new language skills both in interpretation and expression – “No, Mommy did not say that word!
  6. Could out multitask any CEO! Cook dinner, wash a load of clothes, pick up toys, and play peek-a-boo while reading  War and Peace – a piece of cake!
  7. Discovered new uses for baby powder – who knew you could go a week without showering or washing your hair! Hello, Johnson & Johnson!
  8. Learned more about poop than I ever cared to know – including, that s&%t stinks, it won’t singe your skin, it floats, and is damn hard to get off the walls.
  9. Forgetting to answer to my real name – who the hell are you talking to? My name’s mommy!
  10. Secretly admiring the passion and tenacity with which those little bundles of joy pulled the strings – especially our heart-strings.

I’m exhausted just remembering. Mother’s are the hardest working humans on the planet. My hat is off to each one of you and to my girls, all grown up – you are my greatest treasure and every moment was worth it.

And, to all, you mother’s looking for a bit of reprieve or just a stroll down memory lane here’s a little tribute.

Happy Mother’s Day.


Filed under: Holidays, Humor, Mothers Day Tagged: #amwriting, #mothers, #talents, #tribute

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2r5mDZG
via IFTTT