Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A Record of Fond Memories

Daily Post Prompt: Write a new post in response to today’s one-word prompt – Record.

What an interesting word.  It’s a word we’ve heard a lot of lately and refers to a number of different things- a list of accomplishments, an account of specific occurrences, sports, safety, dental, medical, court, or criminal records.

However, when I saw this word, I thought of only one thing – a record. That thin, black, plastic disc which carried within its fine lines, the songs of my youth.

I can still remember going to the five and dime store, buying the latest hit single, racing home, and nearly wearing the thing out on mom’s prized stereo.

We were all in love with Elvis! CD‘s are convenient and more durable. But, there’s nothing like slipping a brand new vinyl record from its paper cover, placing it on the turntable, and dancing the afternoon with my sisters. Fond memories of a simpler time.

What about you? Remember vinyl records? Who was your favorite singer?

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

 


Filed under: Blogging, Daily Post Prompt, Prompts, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #Dailypostprompts, #goodolddays, #records, #vinyl, Elvis Presley

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2ntWnTT
via IFTTT