Saturday, November 19, 2016

My Top 5 Holiday Gift Suggestions

It’s hard to believe, Thanksgiving, one of the most favored holidays of the year, is five days away. Unfortunately, like everything else, the holiday has changed and overshadowed by Black Friday or as I prefer to call it – madness.

Thanksgiving used to be a time for giving thanks, enjoying good food, and spending time with family and friends. Now, it’s become a time to eat and run. Personally, I long for the good old days, and I don’t think I’m alone. Just this week a saw a commercial from (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Home Goods) and given the last few years, it’s not what you would expect.  Check out, Bring Back the Holidays, it will warm your heart.

The holidays don’t have to be a prelude to madness. With the internet, we can simplify things and shop from home – online. To make it even easier, for those of you who have a writer on your list, I have a few gift suggestions.

Sheila’s Holiday Gift Suggestions:

1- Subscriptions to favorite magazines are always a great gift. Check out some of my favorite ones from last year.

2- Software programs or a year subscription. Scrivener, ProWritingAid, Grammarly, AutoCrit, or Ginger are a few of my favorites.

3- Memberships to courses or writing resources, like One Stop for Writers, or a gift certificate for a writing course.

4-Writer’s Market Deluxe Edition, 2016.

5- A gift that doesn’t coast a dime. Time with those you love.

Gift Links you might like:

My wish to each of you is a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day.

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

Source: My Top 5 Gift Subscriptions For Every Writer


Filed under: Holidays, Thanksgiving, Tips and Resources, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #giftsuggestions, #recommendations, Thanksgiving

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2g8rOA2
via IFTTT