Thursday, November 3, 2016

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

1I don’t know what’s happening lately, but making decisions is like pulling teeth for me. Today, I waffle over the simplest things. The worst, according to my husband, is choosing from the menu whenever we go out. Food doesn’t have the same appeal, it once did, but even I had to laugh last night – when the waitress ordered for me. God love her; I guess she had other patrons waiting (the nerve).

I haven’t  always been cursed with indecisiveness, especially when I worked. As a nursing administrator and single mom, with two young children (at the time), I didn’t have the leisure of hemming and hawing. I had to make decisions and make them quickly. Those days are long gone; my children are grown, and I left the workforce a long time ago. However, having to make decisions didn’t disappear or magically become easier. If you’re alive and breathing, you make decisions every day; some minor, others difficult, and a few that has the potential to shake the ground on which we stand.

There are things in this life worth taking our time over deciding – food or what to wear are not those types of decisions and truthfully, neither is my latest quandary. To you, it may seem silly; especially with all, that’s going on in our world. Nevertheless, I hope you’ll humor me and give me your opinion.

As you may recall, I mentioned weeks ago; I was planning to publish a short story collection. Well, it’s ready, but for the love of God, I can’t decide on which cover I want to use. That’s where you come in – I need you to vote in my poll.

Which cover do you like best? If you decide not to participate, I understand and appreciate your reading. It’s always a pleasure to see you here in the pasture. For those who vote, here’s a hint about the story collection:

“It has been said that darkness dwells within even the best of us. In the worst of us, darkness not only dwells but reigns.” ― Dean Koontz.  Tweet this.

Vote and tell me what you think. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. I’d love to hear from you.

sheilagoodshort01maybe-next-time2


Filed under: Book covers, Publishing, Self-publishing, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #bookcovers, #darkness, #decisions, Collections, Publishing, Sheila's Stories

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2esE4w9
via IFTTT