Friday, September 16, 2016

The Truth About Writers and Social Platforms

publishingtalk.com

publishingtalk.com

In her article, Do Fiction Writers REALLY Need a Social Media Platform? Angela from  WOW’s e-zine, The Muffin, finally answers this question and tells me what I’ve longed to hear. Thank God!  Her answer?

“No, you don’t have to participate in social media as a fiction writer.”  (Tweet This

I swear I wanted to kiss her! I’ve heard forever the need for writers to have a platform. So, like many, I signed on to Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. I belong to other sites as well – Tumbler, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Bloglovin to name a few. God, I’m exhausted just typing all these.

I’ll admit I hate trying to keep up with all this social media stuff and writing – it makes me want to pull my hair out!
MAXINE1131313

There are only so many hours in the day, and it’s amazing how quickly they disappear once you sign on to Twitter or Facebook.

So, if you have ideas, please pass them on to me. What do you think? Do writers NEED all these social platforms? Be sure to stop by WOW and give Angela a shout-out.

leavecommetgif I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, Contently, and Instagram. You can follow my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.


Filed under: Advice, Author Platforms, Online Groups, Social Media, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #socialmedia, #themuffin, #WOW, Facebook, Focus on writing, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Social Media, Social Networks, Tumblr, Twitter, Writing

from WordPress http://ift.tt/2cKzl8X
via IFTTT