Friday, July 8, 2016

Darkness has Descended

I want each one of us to stop and think for a moment – What would our world look like without the brave men and women who wear the badge and walk the beat every day to keep each one of us safe? I can tell you, without police officers, the world we know would turn into chaos and anarchy.

I’m not minimizing the concerns of officer-related shootings. I understand people are upset and want answers about the shootings in Baton Rouge and Minnesota, but we don’t know what happened. It’s time to reserve judgment and let the investigation and the facts speak the truth.

Darkness has indeed descended on out country. We have a choice, to buy into the dishonest rhetoric, blame it on guns, or band together as citizens and support those who run toward the danger so we might stay safe.

I stand with every officer and first responder. I pray for the families who lost a mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, husband, or wife. I stand with each officer during this dark time and say, thank you for your service. Thank you for keeping me and my family safe. You are my hero.


Filed under: Blogging, Daily Post Prompts, Opinion, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #dallas, #firstresponders, #heros, #policeofficers, Daily Post Prompts

from WordPress http://ift.tt/29CV6rc
via IFTTT