Friday, May 6, 2016

Raison D’être

546760_320224311386850_165535573522392_784888_800024718_nThe Daily Post:  Why do you create? Publish a post about your artistic raison d’être.

I’ve written about this before, but when this challenge came up, I thought my words were worth sharing again.

After years of writing by a stream in a cow pasture, hiding my words from the world, between the pages of a worn-down journal, I have found my voice, and so I write.

Writing is like purging my soul. Sometimes, the words I spew onto the paper are words I’m unable or unwilling to say aloud. Other times, I have a story to tell.

Whether it’s laughter or the dark side of life, the human spirit inspires me. I write in pursuit of lost memories, gathering them to me like a squirrel gathering nuts before the winter cold.

I’m inspired to leave a legacy of words and stories for my family. Stories to touch their hearts, comfort them, and memories they don’t have to spend a lifetime seeking.

I write not that, in the end, my singular voice matters more than others do, or will move mountains, but perhaps, it will become one of many and create a chorus of positive change.

 

Why do you create? Write? 

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, and Contently.

 


Filed under: Daily Post Prompts, Prompts, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #DiscoverWP, Daily Post Prompts, Writing

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1TMgmHS
via IFTTT