Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tweet this

tweetthisDay 20: #AtoZChallenge

I’m sure you’re familiar with the, “Tweet This,”embedded quotes used on other blog sites. It’s a great way to get readers engaged in the content of your blog and to share it with others.

If you self host, you can use the Tweet This plugin, but these plugins only apply to self-hosted blogs and web sites that use the WordPress.org software.

For those of us on WordPress.com, there is a way around the plugins.

You can use HTML if you’re comfortable dealing with code (more about that here). Or, you could simply go to the website Click to Tweet.

Enter the quote you want shared into the box, click on “generate new link,” and the URL used for the anchor link to your quote will appear.

We’re heading into the last few posts for the #AtoZChallenge. It’s been an exciting and challenging month (no pun intended). When I signed up to do this challenge, I wasn’t certain I could post every day, but I’m a pretty determined woman. So for those of you who who been on this journey with me and see the light at the end of the tunnel, here’s a quote to keep your feet to the fire.

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” -Tommy Lasorda. Via @sheilamgood. Tweet This

What do you think? Like the idea of Click to Tweet?

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, and Contently.

A2Z-BADGE 2016-smaller_zpslstazvib


Filed under: A-Z Blogging Challenge, Quotes, Social Media, Tips and Resources for Writers, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #AtoZChallenge, #tweetthis, HTML, Twitter, Website, Writing Tips & Resources

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1XO6Nct
via IFTTT