Day 16: #atozchallenge
If you’re like me, keeping up with all the social media sites is a daunting task, and it’s difficult to know where to spread the time and effort.
One website worth paying a bit more attention to is Pinterest. When I began checking out this site, it was more about finding design tips, funny quotes, or recipes. I had no idea it was something I could utilize as a writer. Setting up an account is easy, and it’s free.
Here are a few pointers:
- Use the same name for you account and user name. The URL will look like this – http://ift.tt/1RKidiE
- Use the same photo you use on other sites; this helps with reader recognition.
- Create a short bio. Link other social networks to Pinterest.
- Download the Pinterest browser extension – when you see something Pin it.
- Add a Pinterest widget to your blog. Go to settings and click widget.
- Create boards:
- Your interest
- Tips for writers
- Services you may offer – freelance writing, editing, reviews
- Your products: Books, etc.
Advantages of Using Pinterest
- It’s another avenue for bringing recognition to your blog or writing.
- Provides the opportunity to promote your books.
- A place to showcase your area of expertise.
- Opens doors for paid writing gigs.
Filed under: A-Z Blogging Challenge, Blogging, Tips and Resources for Writers Tagged: #amwriting, #AtoZChallenge, Blogging, Pinterest, Social Networks
from WordPress http://ift.tt/1pdBUC4