Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pinterest for Writers

Day 16: #atozchallenge

If you’re like me, keeping up with all the social media sites is a daunting task, and it’s difficult to know where to spread the time and effort.

PinterestOne website worth paying a bit more attention to is Pinterest. When I began checking out this site, it was more about finding design tips, funny quotes, or recipes. I had no idea it was something I could utilize as a writer. Setting up an account is easy, and it’s free.

Here are a few pointers:

  1. Use the same name for you account and user name. The URL will look like this – http://ift.tt/1RKidiE
  2. Use the same photo you use on other sites; this helps with reader recognition.
  3. Create a short bio. Link other social networks to Pinterest.
  4. Download the Pinterest browser extension – when you see something Pin it.
  5. Add a Pinterest widget to your blog. Go to settings and click widget.
  6. Create boards:
    • Your interest
    • Tips for writers
    • Services you may offer – freelance writing, editing, reviews
    • Your products: Books, etc.

Advantages of Using Pinterest

  1. It’s another avenue for bringing recognition to your blog or writing.
  2. Provides the opportunity to promote your books.
  3. A place to showcase your area of expertise.
  4. Opens doors for paid writing gigs.

I have some reorganizing to do on my own, but what about you? Are you on Pinterest? Has it been beneficial to you as a writer? Want to know more about Pinterest? Check it out here.

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, and Contently.

 


Filed under: A-Z Blogging Challenge, Blogging, Tips and Resources for Writers Tagged: #amwriting, #AtoZChallenge, Blogging, Pinterest, Social Networks

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1pdBUC4
via IFTTT