Sunday, April 3, 2016

Letting Go

Thanks to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for another Friday Fictioneers Prompt.

PHOTO PROMPT © Marie Gail Stratford

PHOTO PROMPT © Marie Gail Stratford

Looking out the window, all I saw were tall buildings and people. My heart fluttered with fear. I wanted to pack her up and take her home. This sprawling metropolis overwhelmed this small town mom. A person could get lost here.

Her excitement vibrated off the walls of the room. Where she saw adventure, I saw reruns of Dateline and posters of missing loved ones. These were her dreams. The fear all mine.

I wrapped my arms around my daughter. It was time to let go. “I’m so proud of you. You’re gonna love it here.”

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilamgood, and Contently.

 


Filed under: Flash Fiction, Prompts, Stories in Flash Tagged: #amwriting, Flash Fiction, Friday Fictioneers, Prompts, Writing Exercises

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1RGYUSd
via IFTTT