Friday, March 11, 2016

Stick With Me

The Daily PromptFlow

 

images-18

Pexels.com

“What are you so hyped up about? It’s a vacation for God’s sake.”

 

“That’s not the point. I prefer we have a plan. You know, like where we’re going.”

He frowned at her and made a right turn onto the interstate. “Relax, it’ll be an adventure.”

“I kinda had visions of relaxing on the beach with a good book.”

“God, don’t be so boring,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“We’ve gone to the beach every year. You used to like it. Now, it’s boring?” Her voice raised an octave. “Am I boring too?”

He reached behind the seat and grabbed the map. “Look, I have it planned, well sort of. We’ll head up the coast and if we see something we like, we’ll stop for the day or two.”

“Day or two? And you’re certain accommodations will be available?”

“If not, we’ll move on.”

She groaned. “Wonderful, a vacation on the road.” She could already feel the twinge of her hips cramping in protest.

He reached for her hand. “Will you relax? I got this. It’s gonna be fun. We needed a break from all the routine. We were in a rut. I thought it was time to shake things up. Can’t  you trust me? Just go with the flow?”

She looked at his boyish, smiling face. In all the years together, he’d never taken them down a wrong path. Yes, she trusted him with her life. She squeezed his hand and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

“Go with the flow. I’ve always wondered what that would feel like.”

He grinned, his eyes sparkling with mischief. “Just stick with me, babe; stick with me.”

 

I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story and look for me on Facebook at SheilaMGood,  PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilagood, and Contently.

 


Filed under: Writing

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1XhXGA9
via IFTTT