Wednesday, November 18, 2015

This Week’s Stories to Share

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
Philip Pullman

Welcome to another segment of, Stories to Share.  As writers, we all want to send our stories out into the universe. But, in world filled with writers, sometimes it seems our own work gets lost in the ever-growing sea of words. However, I believe each writer deserves their moment in the sun.

Stories to Share, is my way of shining the spotlight on writers and their work.  I hope you’ll enjoy today’s list and encourage you to pay it forward. You’ll find more stories in the magazines and websites, in which, they are featured. Check them out.

  1. First up, Episode 20 at No Extra Words Podcast, The Legend.  Two stories make up this episode, “Achilles,” by Charles Rammelkamp, and “What We Talk About When we Talk About Homer,” by Marina Frances Mularz ( a particular favorite).  I encourage you to check out the No Extra Words Podcast, meet the  producer and editor,  Kris Baker Dersch, and submit your own work for consideration. And, I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you my story, Life in Repetition, is scheduled for  episode 35, in February. I’ll keep you updated.
  2. Duck Man, by Mary Ellen Lives ( a dear friend) is one of my favorite writers. Published in numerous literary magazines, I hope you’ll visit her website to check out the list of her published works. In the meantime, sit back and enjoy her exclusive short story.
  3. And from one of my favorite magazines, Carve, the 2nd place winner of the 2015 Raymond Carver Contest, by Andrea Bobotis, Kudzu.

What did you think of the stories? Do you have a story to share? I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story. And as always, you can follow me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, PinterestBloglovinTwitter@sheilagood, and Contently.

 


Filed under: Flash Fiction, Literary Magazines, Podcasts, Reading Enjoyment, Short Stories, Stories to Share, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #podcast, Carve Magazine, Creative writing, Flash Fiction, Mary Ellen Lives, No Extra Words, Short Story

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1X7ZYRt
via IFTTT