Friday, October 30, 2015

Pillow Talk

100WCGU – Week#172  This week’s prompt: …the howling dog, the moon and the creaking boards made for …  

Okay, I’ll confess. This little story is over the 100-word mark. I couldn’t help it, I had too much fun writing this one. I hope you’ll enjoy it nonetheless.

**********************************************************************

images-10

“Ouch! Jeez Peg, watch where you step.”

“Sorry, I can’t see shit.”

Dressed from head to toe in black, the only thing I could see were the whites of my sister’s eyes.

Like inexperienced Ninja’s we sprinted from behind the garden bushes and ran. Peg’s heavy breathing bounced across the dark lawn, like an angry wind.

Pressed against the house, I whirled to face my two co-conspirators. “Jesus, Peg, you’d wake the dead.”

Her snippy whisper came back at me. “Sorry, we can’t all be yoga queens.”

Polly patted her jacket. “Relax, that’s why we brought the pillows.”

Like three overweight cat burglars, we eased the back door open. The howling dog, the moon, and the creaking boards made for a lousy backdrop of courage as we pulled the pillows from underneath our jackets and went in search of our retired and unsuspecting husbands.


Filed under: 100 Word Challenge, Stories in Flash, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #flashfiction, #pillowtalk, #Retiredhusbands, 100WCGU

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1P1MWFC
via IFTTT