Friday, September 4, 2015

Aging Gracefully From Rags to Riches

In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Your Number One.”

This prompt from The Daily Post excited me, untMaxine-and-exerciseil I looked up my birthday – yikes!

I’m one of those women who fight aging kicking and screaming and finding out the #1 song in the US on November 27, 1953, was Rags to Riches by Tony Bennett, was sobering. 

Jesus, I’m old

How does this song relate to my personality? I’ll try to put a happy spin on this little nugget of truth – It’s all about love, baby.

“I know I’d go from rags to riches
If you would only say you care
And though my pocket may be empty
I’d be a millionaire.”

I’m a romantic at heart and always have been. I’m a sucker for every chick flick that comes out, and to this day, the movie Love Story with Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw  brings me to tears. You remember the famous line?

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”  

Of course, we now know that famous line was a bunch of crock, but you can’t argue with success.

I grew up in a small Southern town in a middle-class home. We didn’t have a lot, but we had what we needed. And although, I’ve had a few heartbreaks along the way, today, I view myself as a very rich woman, not monetarily, but rich in love.

I have a wonderful husband, beautiful home and between the two of us, we have five adult children and eight grandchildren. If that isn’t rich, I don’t know how else to define it. Well, except – I can still do yoga.

exerciseBirthday-funny-Maxine-cartoon-image-300x197_thumb[1]

Want to find your #1 song? Check here.

As always I’d love to hear your comments. Talk to me. Tell me your story. And as always, you can follow me on Facebook at SheilaMGood, PinterestBloglovin, Twitter @cofcmom, and Contently.


Filed under: Daily Post Prompt Tagged: #amwriting, #birthdaysong, #lovestory, #ragstoriches, #Tonybennett, @DailyPost, Aging, Beauty, Prompt

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1Fnm767
via IFTTT