Friday, August 21, 2015

Beats Me

100 Word Challenge for Grownups – Week #163 … but it was there just a moment ago.

The sound of loud pounding sent her hurrying to the front door.

“Who’s there?”

“FBI ma’am, open the door.”

She peeked out. “May I see identification?”

A tall, menacing man thrusted his credentials out to her.

Her brow furrowed. “I don’t understand. Why are you here?”

“We have a search warrant, step back ma’am.”

“Oh my goodness,” she said, as the large group streamed past.

“Where’s your computer?”

She pointed down the hall, “My office.”

“Ma’am! Where’s your computer?”

Her eyes widened. “Oh my…but it was there a moment ago,” she said.

upload_vve15e7362m7bsovon1otqcgg0695839.jpeg-final

 


Filed under: 100 Word Challenge, Flash Fiction, Humor, Musings, Politics, Stories in Flash, Writing Tagged: #amwriting, #flashfiction, 100WCGU, Body language, Emails, FBI, Hilary, Julia’s Place

from WordPress http://ift.tt/1Ja0A2k
via IFTTT