In my last post, I mentioned how important submitting work on a regular basis is to writers. So, it’s only fair I share with you some of my favorite resources for the most up-to-date lists..
My top 5 sites:
1) Duotrope: No longer free, this service now requires a paid membership. A 30-day free trial is available; after that, the cost is $5/month.
- The database lists thousands of markets tailored to your work and/or genre; including, fiction, non-fiction, or poetry.
- They offer a plethora of data on every site regarding, acceptance rates, turn around time, payment, unknown to extremely challenging markets, and other statistics.
- Provide a calendar of upcoming themed contests.
- And, track of all your submissions.
- On the home page, you will find listings for all types of literary magazines.
- Magazine profiles include the year founded, preferred genre, guidelines, response time, paid or non-paying market, and names of editors.
- For quick reference, check out the current and updated list in the sidebar.
- You can search by name, category, theme, call for submissions, or print.
- Markets are listed according to word count restrictions; from as little as 50-100 words to 1500.
- Provides a brief summary of the magazine with links to view current issues, site guidelines and read editor interviews; one of the most informative aspects offered.
- Under the Resources tab, you can find additional contests list.
4) New Pages
- Your guide to news, literary magazines, agents, and contests.
- Call for submissions include, fiction, non-fiction, essay, poetry, and art.
- Additional resources for writers is also available.
- Holly Clark provides a list of contests and freelance markets in every mewsletter.
- Information includes deadlines, the cost to enter, paid or non-paid markets, and a synopsis of the competition.
- All contests listed have been researched for credibility.
I hope you will explore these sites, make a list and begin submitting. I’d love to hear what you think, and about your successes. So, drop me a line.
Happy writing and good luck on your submissions.
Filed under: Literary Agents, Resources, Submissions, Tools for Writers, Writing Tagged: Contests, Duotrope, Every Writer's Resource, Flash Ficiton Chronicles, Flash Fiction, Funds, NewPAges, Short Story, sumissions, Writing
from WordPress http://ift.tt/1PMNosq