Monday, August 13, 2012

MIDDLE OF THE NOVEL HIBBIE JIBBIES


Besides being quite busy this summer with family obligations and a sundry of other unexpected happenings, I have also been playing dodge ball with my novel. Okay, I've been procrastinating. I put my novel aside and have found every excuse in the book, not to go back to it. Now, I am trying to figure out why. 

I'm almost half way through. Part of me wants to force myself to finish, and the other part of me wants to tear it apart and see where the trouble lies. Is it something about the plot? The characters? Is it the opening? Or, is it simply that I'm new at this and hitting a familiar place all newbies hit? The middle of the novel, hibbie jibbies. Maybe.

Whatever is bugging me, I will figure it out, but in the meantime, I think it best to finish what I started. I'll make notes along the way, and I'm sure once completed I'll have plenty of opportunity for revisions and editing. 

What about you? Have you experience the middle of the novel hibbie jibbes? Please share your story of triumph in the comments.

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta