Thursday, May 31, 2012

HELLO FRIEND

English: Canoe Beach sunset (Canoe, BC, Canada)
English: Canoe Beach sunset (Canoe, BC, Canada) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


HELLO FRIEND

I sit curled up in my blanket on the beach chair, a cup of hot coffee warming my hands as the ocean's music soothes my soul.

The last time we were here, we chased umbrellas across the wind blown sand and laughed until our sides ached.

We spoke of our children, husbands, memories of old, and dreamed of things yet to live.

Amid the laughter,  we promised to grow old together, make yearly trips, sit on the beach and  watch the sun rise and set, but God had other plans.

I wait, listening as I do every year to the ocean's gentle waves, and watch as the sun begins to set, then a beautiful orange glow brightens the sky, just like clock work - "Hello friend."





Enhanced by Zemanta