Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MISSING MUSE

My muse is missing. I think she may have run off with one of Santa's helpers. Come to think of it, she may have snuck out with the Clown I  saw her hanging around with the week of Halloween. At any rate, she's missing.

Since she's been gone, I've been completely distracted, and unable to find one creative thought to put on paper. Nothing, Nada, zilch. When she was here, I got up every morning my brain overflowing with story ideas. I could pick any one of my projects and work all day non stop. Even a stranger's comments overheard in passing stimulated ideas, a character or scene. Now, All I can think of are the things I can't think of and wonder where the Hell my muse has taken off to.

It has gotten so bad, I'm wondering why I bothered to buy my new apple laptop computer, although I admit surfing the web is much faster. My only hope is that she'll tire of hanging around a guy who dresses funny, and only shows up once a year. I'm pretty sure she hates the cold, too.

In the meantime, if you see her, send her home.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year